Saturday, March 19, 2011

We Have A Daughter!!

We have a daughter!

The time has finally come! It has been 2 LONG years and I am so thrilled that the LORD has finally revealed the daughter that He has chosen for us. In my last blog called, “Glimpses from God?” I shared with you some instances that would indicate perhaps that God was about to make His move and bring forth that referral. Well, believe it or not…we received that referral the very next morning! The phone call came completely unexpected. I had no idea the LORD would act that quickly!

Our agency sent the referral via email that very next day and we said “yes” to her verbally, but it actually took over a month to get those papers to our house from India so that we could put pen to paper to make it official! We got those papers this past Tuesday and couldn’t wait to get our signatures on them!





And now we are getting a tad bit silly. But it's such a fun occasion!

We excitedly wrote our names in those blanks that asked if we would take her as our daughter and sent them back to India that very same day! Praise the LORD! So, this is why I am just now sharing the news via the blog world! If all goes well with the necessary approvals in India we are on a fast track to bring our daughter home in possibly 3-5 months. We shall see.

I am very limited on what I can say about her and the circumstances right now but I can tell you that she is 7 years old and PRECIOUS! When we started this journey 2 years ago we had an infant on the brain and over the last several months the LORD has done a number on our hearts over the older children. (still plan to blog about this topic soon) And even though we initially said we would prefer a child 6 years old and under, who in the world could say no to this face?
Please meet our sweet Bella.

So many more details to come in the days ahead of God’s hand in this whole process. Only Him. He is so worthy of all our praise.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN!!! Older child adoptions are so, just, well, HOLY. Can't wait to meet sweet Bella. Praying her home. I need a trip down to B'ham soon!!!

heidi r weimer said...

Okay, that is actually me (Heidi) commenting. Not Kirk! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just wanted to stop in and say that I've been following your adoption journey since a little bit before you submitted your dossier. My husband and I are in process to adopt our little girl from Thailand, but initially our hearts were with India, and I've enjoyed following your story and I've prayed for your referral for quite some time. I rejoice with you that God is bringing your adoption to fruition, and is bringing this precious girl into your family. Congratulations!
In Christ,
Angie

Fenwick 5 said...

Isn't is amazing how God speaks to your soul.She is beautiful and so is her name!! So glad you were able to catch the moment of all that signing in pictures!! So happy for you all. Looking forward to following along!! Gidget:)

Polly said...

What a praise to finally see this precious baby girl's face. God is so good and faithful. For this child, we have prayed. We can't wait to meet Bella and love all over her.

Brittnie said...

Angie,

Let's connect. Send me an email. :-)

Gidget...thank you!

Polly...thank you! So thankful she'll have you guys to help us spoil her with LOVE! :-)

Kristi W. said...

Of course I have to congratulate you on your blog, too. :) So happy for you guys and Bella! Can't wait to see her in your arms and follow the rest of your process to bring her home. Please call me anytime, I would love to chat about India. It's one of my favorite topics... :)
March 20, 2011 9:16 PM

Lisa Frost said...

Wow!!! What an exciting time for you. Seven and eight year olds are wonderful. You are truly blessed.

Lisa Frost

alisa said...

Simply wonderful!!!! Praying!! BTW- my neighbor's in-laws are her from India through the end of Apr. I told them I'd ask where Bella is from (since I couldn't remember) -- can you email me that info again!! Tila said she'd love to meet you!!

Tisra said...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

There's BELLA!!!!!

Such a sweet set of pictures- especially the last one!!!!!

(have I used enough exclamation marks, yet????!!!!!)

So thrilled for you!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more, and seeing that sweet child in your arms very soon!!!

Brittnie said...

Tisra,
I LOVE your exclamation marks!!! Thank you for sharing in our excitement. We can't wait either!!

Unknown said...

Just cannot wait to follow your journey to Bella. Only bummed it took me this long to find your blog. Older child adoptions are probably my favorite ever. I agree with Kirk/Heidi/Kurk & Heidi :) that there is something truly holy about them.

Pineapple Princess said...

Praising God for your beautiful Bella! We have a Bella, too. She joined our family through the miracle of adoption. God is faithful!