Friday, November 6, 2009

2 Days until Orphan Sunday!

We are just two days away from Orphan Sunday. Here is your verse, prayer, and sermon for day four.

Verse Four: Matthew 25:35-36, 40 (ESV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’


Prayer Four*: Today, pray for street children. These children live under bushes and in dumps and sewage pipes. They may eat meals out of trash cans. Many people walk by them without seeing them or view them as pests. Ask God to open the churches’ eyes to help them see the orphans all around them. Ask the Lord to provide food and shelter for the street children.


Sermon Four: The Gospel, Social Justice and the Missional Church, Ed Stetzer (Watch brief video interview and read session summary)

Soli Deo Gloria,

Jack Lavallet

* Adapted from the “40 Day Prayer Guide for Orphan Care”

http://saddleback.com/orphanstudy/index.html

No comments: